Protecting your Information Matters
LAST UPDATED: 22OCT22
By visiting this Site or providing your personal information to one of our sales representatives or live chat representatives or signing up or logging in you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES GEORA COLLECT?
The information we learn from customers can be broadly classified into three categories as mentioned below, such information helps us personalize and continually improve our services and hence your experience:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Site or advertisements served by or on behalf of GEORA on other sites.
We collect navigational information about what Site pages you access or visit, your device’s Internet Protocol “IP” address, information about your mobile device (such as operating system of your mobile device or browser type), the URLs of websites that referred you to us, non precise geographic location, technical information about your device, data about the type of browser and operating system used, which web pages you view, the time and duration or you visits to our Site, the search queries you may use on the Site, whether you clicked on any advertisements, whether you have clicked on any links in any e-mails sent from us, or third parties on our behalf and whether you have chosen to opt-out of certain services or information sharing and other metadata concerning with your usage of our Services.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your personal information including but not limited to the following purposes:
• To administer your use of our Services
• To better understand your needs and interests
• To better understand and improvise our products and services
• To facilitate your use and personalizing your experience on the Site
• To serve you relevant ads
• To respond to your inquiries or fulfilling your requests for information about our Service(s)
To provide you with information about our Services and sending you information and materials from GEORA including marketing communication
• To help you address problems with the Site, including any technical problems • To Process online job application, you might have applied for
• To detect and prevent identity theft, fraud, and other potentially illegal acts as well as protecting the integrity of the website
• To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or judicial processes
• To provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety
• To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
• To help with any investigations or complaints
• To provide you with relevant information or Service(s) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you based on previous interactions, where you have consented to be contacted
SHARING OF INFORMATION
GEORA provides your personal information to third parties who are obligated to use the personal information that we share with them for the purpose of provision of their services to us in order to help us run our business. These third parties include but are not limited to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, advertisers & advertising networks, analytics & search engine providers, payment providers. We may also share with third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you. Should you require more details on third parties we work with or have any questions around it, please click here to know more about the third parties we work with.
We may also share your personal information in the following circumstances
• When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
• When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our apps or websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of GEORA our customers and users, or the public.
• If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell a GEORA website, app, or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases, your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
There are several places within the Site and our App that allow you to post comments or submit Service Data for others to see. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in your profile page. You can review and revise your profile information at any time. To remove Service Data, you have shared on the Site or our App, you may use the same features (available on the Site) to do so.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Data and files are stored on GEORA’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders, and the companies we hire to help us run our business may be located in different countries around the world.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it, and how you configure your settings:
• Some data you can delete whenever you like, such as the content you create or upload. You can also delete activity information saved in your account or choose to have it deleted automatically after a set period of time.
• Other data is deleted or anonymized automatically after a set period of time, such as advertising data in server logs.
• We keep some data until you delete your Google Account, such as information about how often you use our services.
• And some data we retain for longer periods of time when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
When you delete data, we follow a deletion process to make sure that your data is safely and completely removed from our servers or retained only in anonymized form. We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. At the same time, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and GEORA cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
ADVERTISING AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We might display interest-based advertising on both our sites and unaffiliated sites using information you make available to us when you interact with our site or Service(s). Interest based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities including but not limited to usage of our Service(s) and visiting sites that contain GEORA content or ads.
You may choose to enable or log in to our Service(s) via various online services like Google, including social networking services like Facebook, LinkedIn etcetera. Our services also may enable you to access social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google (collectively, “Social Network”) directly or indirectly through our Services.
QUESTIONS/CHANGES TO POLICY